We all know Facebook has hashtags — but should they be part of your Facebook marketing strategy?
I asked 13 experts for their opinions on this.
Before you read their replies, let’s look at results from a study by Social Bakers, which examined how Facebook engagement correlates hashtag use.
(Takeaway: too many hashtags lowers engagement — and won’t help you get more likes.)
- Posts with 1 or 2 hashtags averaged 593 interactions
- Posts with 3 to 5 hashtags averaged 416 interactions
- Posts with 6 to 10 hashtags averaged 307 interactions
- Posts with more than 10 hashtags averaged 188 interactions
So going from 2 to 3 hashtags caused a significant drop in engagement!
Does this mean too many hashtags are bad for business?
If so, what’s the best ways to use hashtags in your Facebook marketing strategy and still see great results?
Let’s see what some experts had to say.
Ready to kick your Facebook engagement up a notch? Take our ultimate 30 Day Challenge and grow a thriving Facebook Page before the month is over!
Tips from 13 Experts on How to Use Hashtags on Facebook
I posed this question to each influencer:
- Should businesses use hashtags on Facebook?
And here are their answers: