What Are Meta Tags?
Meta tags are a great way for Webmasters to provide search engines with information about their sites. (They) can be used to provide information to all sorts of clients, and each system processes only the meta tags they understand and ignores the rest. (They) are added to the
<head>section of your HTML page. (GOOGLE)
Do Meta Tags Help SEO?
Ranking high in Google in 2016 has far more to do with relevance and reputation of high-quality content, user satisfaction and popularity than meta tag optimisation.
In my experience, Meta tags do not noticeably influence where a page ranks in Google, in a positive way.
Meta tags, when used properly can still be useful in a number of areas outside just ranking pages. Abuse them, and you might fall foul of Google’s punitive quality algorithms.
Table Of Contents
- What Are Meta Tags?
- Do Meta Tags Help SEO?
- Does Google Use What Is In Meta Tags For Ranking Pages?
- What Do Meta Tags Do in SEO?
- Do Meta Tags control my search snippet listing in Google?
- Can I force My Meta Description To Be Used By Google?
- How To Write Meta Tags
- What Are The Important Meta tags?
- Meta Description SEO Best Practices
- Can Pages Still Rank High Without a Meta Description?
- What Does Google Say about Meta Descriptions?
- Can You Control What Message Appears in The Google Search Snippet?
- Meta Description SEO Tests & Observations
- Does Every Page Need a Meta Description?
- Does Google Use The Meta Description When Ranking A Page?
- Problems with Unique Meta Descriptions
- Meta Keywords SEO Best Practice
- Meta Keywords SEO Tests & Observations
- Robots Meta Tag SEO Best Practices