If you want to enhance your brand and use visuals to connect with your audience, you need to be on Instagram. With over 400 million monthly active users and the highest engagement of any social media platform, there’s no reason you shouldn’t be using Instagram for business.
Unfortunately, a lot of companies fall under one of two categories:
- They’ve ignored Instagram because they don’t see the value.
- They’ve tried Instagram, but saw little to no results.
The hesitation to hop aboard the Instagram train is partially understandable. The app doesn’t have in-depth analytics like Facebook or Twitter, so it’s a little trickier to measure your Instagram analytics efforts. Also, businesses have historically been hesitant about using new social networks, and Instagram is no exception.
Now that Instagram has become a proven resource more than just a gimmick, it makes sense for companies to start getting active. Whether you’ve been ignoring the platform or struggle to get off the ground, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know to master Instagram for business.
Instagram for Business Basics
First you want to lay a good foundation. That starts with setting up your profile correctly. The main pieces of your profile are:
- Profile photo: It’s best to use your company logo as your profile photo so people can easily identify your brand.
- Account name: Make this your business name.
- Username: This should also be your business name. The difference is that your username cannot have any spaces.
- Website: This will be the only clickable URL on your Instagram page. Most businesses either use their website or link to the the latest promotional page.
- Bio: Your bio is where you will capture the attention of other users. Clearly describe what your business does, and speak directly to your target audience.